Examines the theory and research behind interpersonal communication. Explores communication processes in dyads, small groups, and teams, and in organizational settings. Teaches skills to improve students’ communication competence in both personal and professional environments. The course also covers self-awareness, self-disclosure, relational development, and conflict resolution.
- Analyze interpersonal communication.
- Distinguish various interpersonal communication theories and develop an associated vocabulary.
- Create and increase interpersonal communication skills.
- Apply interpersonal communication theories to real life experiences.
- Create and demonstrate communication competence.
- Analyze human communication skills.
- Compose a personal goal statement to improve interpersonal communication.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 200,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Arts, Letters, and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”School of Arts, Letters, and Sciences