An examination of the international aspects of corporate finance and investing, this course covers the international balance of payments and foreign exchange. It emphasizes exchange rate determination, exchange risk, hedging, and interest arbitrage, international money and capital markets, international financing, and international portfolio management.
- Explain the workings and mechanisms of the international balance of payments.
- Compare and contrast export/import financing.
- Compare and contrast how spot and futures foreign exchange markets work and appreciate their importance in international trade and international financial transactions.
- Employ foreign exchange forecasting and use hedging methods to reduce foreign exchange risks.
- Assess the effectiveness of past and present international financial institutions in relation to global trade, finance, and investments.
- Explain why the alternative use of FASB # 8 and FASB # 52 by multinational firms leads to substantially different results in translating their foreign subsidiaries’ financial statements from the functional currency to the home-country currency.
- Integrate information technology into global financial activities and policies.
- Integrate business ethics into international financial strategies.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.