Cases in Accounting Auditing
A capstone course in which students apply the knowledge and skills acquired in preceding coursework to their analysis of real life situations involving financial accounting and reporting, cost/managerial accounting, tax and/or auditing issues. Selected cases may require the researching of relevant authoritative pronouncements, laws, regulations and the like. Course is eligible for IP grading.
- Analyze accounting and auditing-related fact situations and identify the issues that need to be addressed in arriving at an appropriate solution or course of action.
- Research and cite in an appropriate manner relevant authoritative pronouncements, laws and regulations.
- Evaluate possible alternative decisions or courses of action and provide rationale for each alternative.
- Synthesize information acquired in prior coursework and in related research into a cohesive written report to management that includes findings and appropriately supported recommendations.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively in writing at a level of professional quality expected of a graduate of a masters program in accounting.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.