Full-Tuition Scholarship Opportunity for California Community College Employees
National University is pleased to announce a full-tuition scholarship opportunity available to any employees of California Community Colleges.
Fall 2020 Winner
To be eligible, applicant must:
- Be a full-time employee at any California Community College for a minimum of two consecutive years
- Demonstrate leadership and service in their role at the community college and/or in their community
- Be a U.S. citizen or resident
To maintain scholarship eligibility, awardee must maintain a 3.0 GPA or higher for master’s degree programs or a 2.5 GPA or higher for bachelor’s degree programs. Additionally, the awardee must continue employment at the community college for the duration of the scholarship, and must not take a break in classes lasting longer than three months.
- 40% — Two essay prompts
- 30% — Three recommendation letters
- 30% — Top three finalists for Zoom interview
- Submit three letters of recommendation; at least one from a supervisor and one from a colleague currently working in the community college.
- Submit a maximum 500-word essay to each of the following prompts:
- What impact to your community, career field, and community college do you seek to make with this degree?
- How will this degree fit into your short term and long-term, personal, and professional career goals?
- Complete a FAFSA application here.
Based on the selection criteria mentioned above, only the top three candidates will be chosen for an interview with the selection committee.
The online application will be open March 1, 2021 and will close May 28, 2021 at 11:59pm. The awardee of the scholarship will be announced July 1, 2021.
Why Choose National University?
- Adult Focused for 50 Years: National University has been dedicated to providing accessible, achievable higher education to hard-working adults since 1971.
- Flexible 4-Week Classes: Start sooner and finish faster with four-week classes, monthly start dates, and year-round enrollment.
- 75+ Degree Programs: Choose from career-focused associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral programs designed to help you pursue your purpose and make an impact in your community.
- Online and On Campus: Study options designed to fit into your busy schedule.
- Regionally Accredited: WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC) accreditation means your education meets high standards and is transferable.
- Veteran-Founded Nonprofit: National University is proud to be San Diego’s largest private nonprofit university.
About National University
National University, a veteran-founded nonprofit, has been dedicated to meeting the needs of hard-working adults by providing accessible, affordable, achievable higher education opportunities since 1971. As San Diego’s largest private nonprofit university, NU offers over 75 online and on-campus programs and flexible four-week classes designed to help students reach their goals while balancing busy lives. Since its founding, the NU community has grown to over 25,000 students and 180,000 alumni around the globe, many of whom serve in helping industries such as business, education, health care, cybersecurity, and law and criminal justice.
National University, a California-based institution, makes continual efforts to comply with state authorization regulations governing out-of-state educational activities and to obtain required approvals. Since these regulations vary by state and change over time, all National University programs are not available to students in every state.
*Pre-licensure nursing and radiation therapy programs are not eligible for this scholarship. Other offer restrictions may apply. For questions, please contact National University.
**Eligibility requirements apply.