The Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) program prepares you to develop critical thinking, communication, and therapeutic nursing skills within the framework of trans-cultural nursing. Upon graduation, you’ll have the skills and expertise needed to manage the nursing care of culturally diverse clients in a variety of settings.
- Develop caring, therapeutic nursing relationships with individuals, families, and groups.
- Provide safe, high quality, culturally competent, patient-centered nursing care for individuals across the life span in a variety of settings.
- Participate in the continuous improvement of nursing care quality and safety.
- Use nursing judgment to manage, prioritize, and delegate patient care in a variety of health care settings.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with patients and the interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrate professional identity by incorporating established standards of practice within the legal and ethical framework of nursing.
- Apply best, current evidence into nursing practice to achieve desired outcomes.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from all 50 states and 65 countries, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Health and Human Services
“Our faculty members are nationally recognized across a broad spectrum of health profession disciplines and prepare students for success in the ever-evolving health care field.”School of Health and Human Services