MNP696B Children/Adoles Practicum
Facilitate Practicum experience of the PMHNP student with children/adolescents in mental health care settings. Accurately assess, plan, intervene, and evaluate the care of children/adolescents with developmental, behavioral or psychiatric disorder. Perform the advance practice role of manager, clinician, educator, researcher, and consultant in the provision of mental health services. Required 180 preceptored/field experience clinical hours. Grading is S/U only.
- Demonstrates an advanced level of nursing practice in conducting assessments, case formulation, differential diagnosis, and arriving at diagnoses which leads to competent and effective treatment for children/Adolescents behavioral health problems or mental illness.
- Evaluate relevant resources to assist children/adolescents with developmental disorder or mental illness.
- Implement evidence based screening and management of common developmental disorder or mental illness of children/ adolescents.
- Formulate treatment plans with the interdisciplinary health care team in the management of clients with acute and enduring mental health problems or developmental disorder.
- Use evidence based research materials to evaluate outcomes and effectiveness of care.