MNP696A Adults/Aging Adults Practicum
Facilitate practicum experience of the PMHNP student with adults/aging adults in mental health care settings. Accurately assess, plan, intervene, and evaluate the care of adults/aging adults with mental illness. Perform the advance practice role of manager, clinician, educator, researcher, and consultant in the provision of mental health services. Required 240 preceptored/field experience clinical hours Grading is S/U only.
- Demonstrates an advanced level of nursing practice in conducting assessments, case formulation, differential diagnosis, arriving at diagnoses which leads to competent and effective treatment for adults/aging adults with mental disorders.
- Explain the utilization of advanced independent nursing interventions when managing individuals with stable and/or enduring behavioral health states.
- Formulate treatment plans with the interdisciplinary health care team in the management of clients with acute and enduring mental health problems.
- Illustrate professional development by initiating strategies for interdisciplinary team functioning confronting professional, ethical, legal and political issues.
- Use evidence based research materials to evaluate outcomes and effectiveness of care.