FNP685A FNP Residency
Prepare students to perform the advanced practice roles of manager, clinician, educator, researcher and consultant in the provision of primary care services across the lifespan to under-served populations. FNP 685A and FNP 685B must be taken concurrently and both completed satisfactorily to progress.
- Demonstrate a high level of advanced nursing practice in conducting assessments, engaging in therapeutic reasoning, and arriving at diagnoses for individuals with stable, chronic or complex health problems.
- Explain the utilization of advanced independent nursing interventions when managing individuals with stable and/or chronic health states.
- Identify components of the peer review process.
- Employ increasing independence in clinical decision-making.
- Formulate plans with the interdisciplinary health care team in the management of clients with acute and chronic health problems.
- Analyze long term care data to develop a case management plan and evaluate outcomes and effectiveness of care.
- Illustrate professional development by initiating strategies for interdisciplinary team functioning with awareness of professional, ethical, legal and political issues.
- Evaluate outcomes and effectiveness of care.