NSG642 Advanced Pharmacology II
Second course of a two course series. Within each class of therapeutic drugs, the course examines clinical application, drug actions, interactions, reactions, and contraindications. The course will also include principles of prescribing and patient compliance.
- Appraise the primary pharmacokinetic mechanisms that underlie drug function.
- Evaluate the pharmacodynamics associated with individual drugs.
- Identify idiosyncrasies in specific pharmacological agents.
- Analyze drug classification categories and their anticipated effect.
- Examine pharmacologic prescription and/or dispensing laws and regulations for the advanced practice nurse.