RTT 306 Patient Care II
Course DescriptionFocuses on assessment, evaluation and treatment plans for treatment related side effects. Issues related to death and dying and practitioner self-care will be discussed. Course also includes an exploration of local, state and national cancer care resources.
- Evaluate patient factors that contribute to radiation side effects.
- Evaluate treatment factors that contribute to radiation side effects.
- Determine the physiologic cause of the most common treatment side effects.
- Identify the dose a given side effect will begin to appear.
- Formulate a plan to manage side effects during treatment.
- Given a patient example, conduct an overall assessment focused on education and management of expected side effects.
- Given a clinical example, determine if the side effects are outside of normal range and require medical attention.
- Explore local, state and national cancer support resources.
- Explore concepts related to death and dying.
- Develop a plan of self care based on a self assessment in the areas of mental, physical, and emotional health.