HTM692 Health Informatics Capstone
Lead Faculty: Dr. Gina Piane
Two-month capstone project focused on a relevant problem in health informatics theory or practice. Planning and completion of either a data-based research project or other scholarship or creative activity. Grading is by H, S, or U only. Course is eligible for an 'IP' grade.
- Identify a relevant problem related to the theory or practice of health informatics.
- Conduct an exhaustive review of literature related to a problem in health informatics and summarize that review in writing.
- Formulate a valid solution to a problem in health informatics, either in the form of a testable hypothesis or in the form of a scholarly activity.
- Collect empirical data applicable to an empirical hypothesis or gather resources necessary to support scholarly activity in health informatics.
- Complete either a data-based research study or other scholarly activity.
- Perform a professional quality oral presentation describing the outcomes of either a research study or scholarly activity.
- Complete a professional quality written report describing the outcome of either a research study or scholarly activity.