Engineering Management leadership has become a highly sought skill in today’s competitive global technological marketplace. The Master of Science in Engineering Management degree program is designed to bring the benefits of modern technology and high-quality graduate-level instruction to engineers/scientists/technologists interested in furthering their skills in engineering management with specialization in the following areas:
- Project Management to become effective future project managers
- Systems Management to manage the lifecycle of systems including definition, development, deployment and decommissioning
- Technology Management to manage and lead technology in global marketplace
These specializations offer practical business perspectives necessary for engineering management. Unlike traditional MBA programs, the MSEM programs emphasize management skills that are specifically built on the students’ technical backgrounds and experience. The custom-designed mix of management concepts and technical expertise will help prepare professionals to direct major public and private organizations in the increasingly complicated managerial environment of today’s competitive global, technical environment. In this program, engineering management principles are broadly based and draw from many different disciplines such as applied sciences, engineering, natural sciences, mathematics, economics, business, and social sciences.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate quantitative analytical and critical thinking skills and techniques to manage projects and processes (products and services).
- Examine a multidisciplinary approach involving the integration of engineering, management, quality and risk analysis in projects, and processes.
- Identify, prioritize and select relevant solutions in solving complex engineering problems and processes.
- Assess tools and techniques, resources, organizational systems, and decision-making processes for the successful management of projects.
- Apply global mindset and a detailed knowledge of business environments in engineering management solutions.
- Demonstrate organizational and team skills needed to manage projects and processes.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Engineering and Computing
“The School of Engineering and Computing fosters student creativity, innovation, and entrepreneurship in classes taught by subject matter experts who actively practice what they teach.”School of Engineering and Computing