ITM630 Advanced DB Admin and Mgmt
Lead Faculty: Dr. Mudasser Fraz Wyne
Course DescriptionThis course reviews the foundations of database technology supporting enterprise computing. Concepts of database management and modeling, advanced problems in query formulation, normalization, and customization of database applications are covered. Students will learn the role of database specialists associated with database administration. This course also provides a firm foundation in basic administrative tasks. Students will gain the necessary knowledge and skills to set up, maintain and troubleshoot DBMS. Vocabulary, architectures and design issues of database technology are described. Topics include data warehouse, parallel and distributed database, object database management system, and Big Data.
- Configure database environments.
- Evaluate options for creating constraints, views, and other specialized objects.
- Analyze advanced query formulation, stored procedures and triggers.
- Evaluate privileges for different user groups.
- Analyze the use of different types of indexes.
- Demonstrate the understanding of data warehouse, parallel database, distributed database, object database management system, and Big Data.