CSC262 Programming in JAVA
Lead Faculty: Dr. Ronald Uhlig
The course introduces the Java programming language and its features. Topics include introduction to object oriented programming, basic control structures, java graphics and GUI objects, multimedia components, exposure to event driven programming, arrays and strings in java. Coverage includes encapsulation, inheritance, and polymorphism.
- Use Java's control structures, functions, arrays, strings, classes and exception handling.
- Use and apply the Object-oriented programming concepts and related issues.
- Understand and develop event driven programs.
- Understand and properly use the fundamental syntax of the Java language.
- Apply the concepts of inheritance and polymorphism.
- Create graphical user interfaces using Swing.
- Work collaboratively in a team environment to help develop and implement software solutions.