A Master of Science in Electrical Engineering degree will ground you in the mathematical, theoretical, and hands-on skills needed to solve real-world problems in electrical engineering and related fields. The MSEE program focuses on core topics such as engineering mathematics, advanced engineering computing, digital signal processing, network systems and security, and engineering economics. It also allows you to pursue select advanced specializations.
The Wireless Communication Specialization will educate you on electromagnetic field theory, communications standards and protocols, and wireless sensor networks. The Computer Engineering Specialization will explore computer architecture, system modeling and simulation, real-time systems, digital image processing, and information storage and retrieval.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Integrate theoretical ideas and practical electrical engineering and computing skills to design and develop new applications in the engineering field.
- Design and conduct engineering experiments or simulations for new product development.
- Analyze engineering problems with both mathematical principles and scientific theories.
- Evaluate the impact of evolving engineering systems on the global economy.
- Design specifications and implement, analyze, and solve engineering problems.
- Analyze advanced network systems to meet technological demands, ethical values, and legal standards.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Engineering and Computing
“The School of Engineering and Computing fosters student creativity, innovation, and entrepreneurship in classes taught by subject matter experts who actively practice what they teach.”School of Engineering and Computing