EGR340L Embedded Systems Lab
Lead Faculty: Dr. Jodi Reeves
This lab course provides a collection of experiments for supporting the lectures. The labs are designed to familiarize students with various aspects of hardware and software for microcontroller applications such as interfacing with various devices, programming I/O ports and interrupts and working with sensors.
- Develop programs to add numbers in various number system representation
- Examine the I/O port operation using a simulator.
- Demonstrate an ability to interface a temperature sensor to the 8051.
- Develop programs to the 8051 timer applications.
- Develop a program to transfer and receive data from/to a PC serially.
- Examine and use an 8051 assembler and simulator.