CEN422 Field Inspection and Safety
Lead Faculty: Dr. Dirk Epperson
Course DescriptionIntegration of safety and productivity into daily field operations through inspection and accountability. Examines accident costs and contributing factors and techniques for risk minimization. Presents the relationship between safety and quality and techniques for site, structure, general and mechanical and electrical system inspections.
- Understand the cost of injuries in comparison to the cost of safety.
- Assess the occurrence of hazardous conditions.
- Determine steps and implement contractual agreements and management systems to improve safety.
- Understand the relationship between safety and quality.
- Understand the basic inspection processes for site, structures, general construction and mechanical and electrical systems.
- Apply inspection techniques to insure conformance with codes, plans and specifications.
- Understand the final inspection process and project closeout.