ITL600I Becoming an Intern
Foundational preparation in general pedagogy including classroom management and planning, reading/language arts, subject specific pedagogy, human development, and teaching English learners as required by CTC to become intern eligible. Course requires completion of 120 hours of contact time with course instructor and K-12 students to apply acquired knowledge and skills.
- Analyze function and scope of four stages of a cyclical model (Learning Map) designed for the assessment of student learning and assessment of teaching practices by candidate.
- Employ the six elements of a cyclical model (Learning Map) when planning, teaching, analyzing and reflecting about student learning and own teaching practice.
- Apply four stages and six elements of the Learning Map while working with learners in a K12 classroom to provide planning of subject-matter specific instruction for the range of diverse learners.
- Utilize the principles of classroom management and organization while working with learners in a K12 classroom to optimize learning within subject matter.
- Synthesize the literacy and English language learning needs while working in a K12 classroom for the purposes of planning and teaching reading and writing for diverse learners.
- Evaluate the literacy and English language learning needs of learners in a K12 classroom for the purposes of assessing reading and writing.