ITL530 Optimized Learning Community
Research-based strategies and models managing an equitable and inclusive K-12 learning environments. Social-emotional growth, development, and individual responsibility. Positive interventions and supports, restorative justice, and conflict resolution practices. Prevention of common classroom problems. Effectively work with challenging students. Establishment of safe classroom and school environments to prevent bullying.
- Design ways to establish, maintain, and monitor inclusive learning environments by using an array of positive behavioral supports ensuring each student is treated fairly and respectfully by adults and peers, thrives through social-emotional growth, and expresses appropriate developmental and individual responsibility.
- Create projects to examine legal, ethical, professional and effective practices needed to establish social-emotionally learning environments designed to address bullying prevention, challenging students, families, community resources and educational/school supportive structures.
- Develop procedures to manage the implementation of classroom rules, classroom traffic flow, paperwork, and mutual behavioral norms to facilitate positive interactions.
- Propose a classroom management plan to establish a classroom culture from the first day of school representing an equitable and inclusive learning community with classroom rules and consequences, organizational procedures for instruction, and specific procedures for transitions.
- Design plans for promoting positive behavior management by using behavioral supports, such as Multi-Tiered System of Supports (MTSS), conflict resolution, restorative justice, and similar group practices.