ECE452 Partnering With Families
Lead Faculty: Mrs. Jessica Alvarado
Focus on acquiring knowledge through current research and developmental theories to plan responsive environments for infants and toddlers that strengthen family-school partnerships. Will explore through case studies optimum communication techniques for building and maintaining positive relationships with family members.
- Explain components of effective family-program staff relationships.
- Apply appropriate communication methods and conflict resolution skills when interacting with family members.
- Create lessons around the opportunities for involvement with families in infant and toddler programs
- Analyze topics of diversity related to differences and similarities in families.
- Design a newsletter specifically inviting the families to participate in the learning experiences of their child.