ECE330 Early Cognition
Lead Faculty: Mrs. Jessica Alvarado
Inquiry into the nature and tasks of early cognition including social, cultural and biological foundations. Attention paid to current research implications for learning theory, individual differences and classroom instruction.
- Summarize current research in brain growth and development and cognition
- Use knowledge of how thinking skills develop and provide active learning opportunities that support physical, social-emotional, language and cognitive development.
- Recognize developmental benchmarks in order to assess active learning environments and suggest developmental appropriate activities
- Discuss various plans in collaboration with families and staff in supporting active learning environments.
- Explain multicultural implications and issues of race, ethnicity, gender orientation, immigrant status, trauma in cognitive development