EXC622 Assess & Behavioral App in Aut
Lead Faculty: Dr. Kay Dee Caywood
Course focuses on empirical bases for assessment and treatment. Overview of ABA approach w/in overall treatment paradigm for autism. Includes schools, agencies & professionals in discussion.
- Describe the types of assessment procedures that yield information that is directly related to the design and evaluation of effective treatment programs students on the autism spectrum.
- Articulate the basic behavioral principles and procedures for improving the behavior of persons diagnosed as autistic.
- Describe the important aspects of determining what behavior management programs are effective for the individual child according to how (s)he fits within the autism spectrum disorder continuum.
- Describe strategies used to facilitate integration in the general classroom while incorporating behavior management programs with those on the autism spectrum.
- Describe strategies for crisis prevention and intervention used for students on the autism spectrum.
- Describe the qualifications and training necessary for support staff in teaching children on the autism spectrum.
- Describe legal issues apparent in the use of behavior management for those in public education and other public agencies in the treatment of those on the autism spectrum.