EDA656 Professional Growth Leadership
This course examines the theories, principles, and concepts related to leadership, administration, and management as well as student learning assessment models. Focus is directed toward understanding how to apply the leadership theories and assessment models in education settings involving faculty, staff, students, parents and the community. Emphasis is placed on professional and personal development and modeling of professional growth activities to faculty and staff in educational environments.
- Examine the principles of adult learning and their use in developing professional development programs.
- Evaluate distributive leadership models and their implementation in schools.
- Examine strategies for using student assessment data in collaboration with teachers.
- Explore a variety of leadership methods used to assist new teachers.
- Analyze self-improvement growth activities.