EDA632 Teaching and Learning Culture
Lead Faculty: Dr. Clifford E. Tyler
Course DescriptionAdvocating, nurturing, and sustaining a school culture supporting instruction, student learning, and staff professional development using state standards and accepted accountability systems. For candidates in Santa Clara County Office/NU joint program only.
- Apply the process of change in building an effective instructional program.
- Apply practical knowledge of collaborative strategies and methods of achieving effective school-community relations.
- Implement educational change by mobilizing community support with consideration of special interest groups, and by fostering intra-agency and inter-disciplinary cooperation.
- Demonstrate the effect of focused professional development on improved student academic performance by setting up or providing appropriate in-services.
- Analyze and apply research and interpret relevant data, and make data driven decisions that are appropriate for effective teaching and learning.
- Use content standards and instructional strategies as a foundation for instructional decision-making.
- Develop and demonstrate skills to contribute to a school environment committed to improving teaching for all staff and learning for all students, and develop shared leadership skills.
- Analyze and apply data collection and how it is used to assess student performance, and drive decisions on providing strategies for improving student achievement.
- Use data and technological applications, to design, develop, implement, manage, support, evaluate, and improve instructional programs and to drive staff professional development.
- Develop skills to contribute to a school environment committed to improving teaching for all staff and learning for all students.
- Identify and plan staff development needs in professional development, through shared decision-making, to improve teaching and learning for all students.
- Identify and practice the key leadership components to facilitate collaboration, consultation and shared decision making in an environment that promotes accountability and ethical conduct.
- Develop skills to contribute to a school environment committed to improving teaching for all staff and learning for all students, and develop shared leadership skills.