CED620 Internship Seminar
Lead Faculty: Dr. Sonia Rodriguez
Students will review the knowledge, skills, and standards of the graduate program in counseling in final preparation for their employment as professional counselors. Leadership opportunities within the counseling role are identified and developed. Students will prepare for the ETS Praxis examination, complete their program portfolios, and present their school project as part of this course. Grading is by H, S, or U only.
- Demonstrate the inter-relationships among the content areas of the school counseling field.
- Demonstrate a professional level of verbal communication, including but not limited to verbal presentations, case presentations, group interaction, peer review, and group problem solving.
- Assess a site-based work problem/issue/concern and articulate comprehensive, systemic, and culturally responsible solutions.
- Exhibit professional identity by self-assessing professional knowledge, skills, and dispositions and create personal growth plan.
- Demonstrate leadership skills necessary to implement and evaluate an effective guidance program and counseling services to meet needs of a diverse school community.
- Demonstrate preparedness for entering the school counseling profession.