MGT422 Team Bldg, Interpers Dynamics
Lead Faculty: Dr. Kamlesh Mehta
An overview of the issues of quality applied to human resources management, topics include the delegation of authority and empowerment, work groups, team building, and employee involvement, reward/recognition programs and employee morale, and the importance of written and oral communication skill in the delegation, sharing, and execution of work. Students gain a clearer understanding of the ways the workplace is changing to improve productivity and profitability.
- Apply the principles of group dynamics to forming teams/groups for specific tasks.
- Explain the fundamental principles of interpersonal communications.
- Assess the communication climate in an organization.
- Analyze the effect of physical setting and organizational culture of interpersonal and team/group communication.
- Assess the changing nature of workforces and what these changes mean to organizations.
- Evaluate the effect of changing technology on organizations and their workforce.
- Evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of motivational theories as they apply to organizational behavior.
- Apply the principles of individual and team leadership/facilitating skills for improved employee motivation and work behavior.
- Apply the principles of empowerment to individuals and teams.