Recognized by the Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM), the Master of Arts in Human Resource Management at National University provides tools to address today’s most relevant workplace concerns. Throughout the Master of Arts Human Resource Management program, you’ll explore issues including recruitment, benefits, labor relations, technology, ethics, and safety through a blend of theoretical knowledge and practical skills. Current and prospective human resources professionals can select an area of specialization in Organizational Leadership.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Complete a job analysis of a specific job to be used for recruiting, selection, performance appraisal, training, and compensation.
- Develop a recruiting plan and design a selection process for recruiting, interviewing, and selecting candidates for employment for jobs within an organization.
- Conduct a needs assessment and design a training program for current employees on a specific topic related to organizational goals.
- Assess benefits relevant to the employee population and organizational structure, and formulate a compensation system based upon merit, knowledge, and skill acquisition.
- Assess and develop methods designed to prevent employer liability and labor relation issues (anti-discrimination statutes, employee and labor relations, union, and non-union environment issues).
- Recognize, analyze, and effectively address ethical, legal, and safety challenges faced in the workplace.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Business and Management
“Our business and management programs equip students with the knowledge and tools needed to lead their organizations and stay competitive in the job marketplace.”School of Business and Management