ODV600 Theory & Practice of OD
Lead Faculty: Dr. Bernadette Baum
Course DescriptionThe course overviews how, why, and when to integrate the behavioral sciences with human resource management principles to increase individual and organizational effectiveness. Students will analyze, evaluate, and design relevant theories as they relate to practical application in the workplace.
- Identify the various theories used to describe organizational design, structure, culture and effectiveness.
- Describe a variety of theories of organizational development and be able to apply them appropriately to workplace situations.
- Analyze the impact of change, culture, diversity and technology on individuals and organizations.
- Analyze the concepts of complexity, formalization, and centralization in relation to organizational design, size and effectiveness.
- Comprehend the importance of communication and training in the establishment and maintenance of performance management systems.
- Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of various theories and strategies for organizational change, leadership and management of human resources.
- Assess impact of leadership decision-making and support on the organizational change process at three levels - individual employee situations, group situations and at the organizational level.