HRM637 Workforce Plan, Dev & Outsourc
Lead Faculty: Dr. Bernadette Baum
Course DescriptionA comparison and evaluation of planning, organizing, directing and monitoring of human resources planning processes, including recruiting, selecting, placing and integrating individuals within organizations. A key aspect of the course is the selection process (testing and assessment of skills and traits that influence work performance), employee orientation and integration (employee development and career planning), and aspects of performance management. The course also covers current trends in employee outsourcing.
- Assess organizational recruiting needs.
- Specify the needs of a vacant position.
- Develop effective recruiting plans.
- Select and employ appropriate placement criteria and methods.
- Identify the various positive and negative effects and legalities of the various techniques and methods employed in the process, including the effects of societal multiculturalism and diversity.
- Identify the critical elements of employee familiarization and orientation and processes.