Concentration in Entrepreneurship
Lead Faculty: Dr. Gary J. Zucca
This concentration is designed for those students who seek to gain practical knowledge in starting, managing, or running a business. The concentration is aimed at providing students with the specialized knowledge of entrepreneurship, e-business, small business management, and family business. Entrepreneurship is one of the core concentrations in many schools of business. Completing this concentration will enable students to compete in the marketplace for employment or to start new business ventures.
According to the U.S. Department of Commerce, California is a leader in small business and family business. This concentration will enable students to gain knowledge on various aspects of small business and family business including venture capital, risk management, registration of new business, security issues, bankruptcy, estate planning, and philanthropy. This knowledge, combined with knowledge gained in the BBA program will significantly enhance the earning potential of a student. Students are strongly advised to contact the above-named Faculty Advisor for guidance and recommendations regarding academic preparation for this minor.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Identify the origin and development of entrepreneurship
- Analyze risk taking and innovation
- Describe marketing of goods and services
- Comprehend financial plan and control of small business
- Apply the basics of e-commerce through technology
- Analyze E-Commerce servers and clients
- Distinguish family business from other forms of business
- Examine the impact of family business both nationally and globally