Associate of Science in Business
The Associate of Science in Business program is designed to prepare students for entry level management positions. The degree completion provides a transition path to a Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.) degree. The curriculum includes courses in general business, accounting, economics, legal studies, management and marketing. With a goal to maximizing student success, the program is designed with two prerequisites as part of general education requirements: introductory business mathematics and internet literacy. Other courses may be taken in any sequence.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Describe the types of business organizations and their basic functions.
- Describe the legal structure and tax implications of different types of business organizations such as sole proprietorship, partnership and corporation.
- Explain the functions of basic management relating to planning and implementing an organization’s strategic behavior.
- Explain the changing nature of business in a global economy.
- Explain the basic accounting, finance, and management functions of business organizations.
- Explain how marketing decisions can help maximize profits.
- Describe the legal and ethical issues surrounding the business community.
- ILR 260 Information Literacy
- MNS 205 Intro to Quantitative Methods