Paralegal Specialist Certificate - Corporations
The Paralegal Specialist Certificate in Corporations is intended to introduce students to the legal skills required to serve the community effectively and ethically in a corporate law practice. The corporate law paralegal program provides an academic and practical education of uncompromising quality. The corporations specialization covers case analysis, legal research, and documents for the formation, management, and dissolution of corporate entities. The certificate is approved by the American Bar Association and offered only at the Los Angeles and Woodland Hills campuses. Please note that this program is only offered on site.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Discuss broad legal principles from the primary areas of law, such as Torts, Contracts, Real Property, and others, and explain the definitions of certain basic legal terms and phrases.
- Conduct legal research using manual and computer-assisted methods.
- Demonstrate the basic process of legal reasoning and analysis.
- Describe the paralegal’s role in a corporate law practice.
- Recognize how broad ethical principles apply to paralegals in a corporate law practice.
- PLX 2100X Torts
- PLX 2101X Leg Res Wrtg-Briefing/Analysis
- PLX 2102X Contracts
- PLX 2103X Leg Res Wrtg-Legal Memo
- PLX 1804X Foundations of Property Law
- PLX 2105X Computers & the Law
- PLX 1806X Legal Writing Project
- PLX 1808X Essentials of Corporate Law