The public sector is rapidly evolving due to the growing need for public policy and research and an increased social interest in politics, foreign affairs, and public policy. The Master of Public Administration (MPA) at National University will prepare you for a high-level position in government management at the federal, state, and local level and nonprofit management. Throughout your study, you will learn how to apply traditional business skills (financial management, budgeting, research, etc.) to the unique challenges of public administration.
Upon successful completion of this master’s degree program, you will be able to utilize critical thinking and research methods, evaluate new public management, analyze political influences and governmental power division, evaluate government employees and public administration strategies and decision, and synthesize grant proposal resources and approaches.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Utilize critical thinking and research methods relevant to public administration in a multi-cultural environment.
- Analyze the impact of political influences on the public sector decision-making process.
- Describe, analyze, and evaluate the various approaches to managing government employees.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of public administration strategies for dealing with the media, community, and local government agencies.
- Evaluate the impact of public administration decisions on urban planning and redevelopment.
- Synthesize resources and approaches for developing grant proposals for community programs and services.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 170,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.