MDC664 Short Film Colloquium
Students engage in 'close readings' of short films to develop an understanding of the short film as a dramatic narrative form. Explores short film narratives in live action, animation, commercials and documentary genre. Provides students with a critical approach to research, analysis and deconstruction of short films and how to adapt story ideas into the short film format.
- Analyze short films for dramatic narrative structural elements.
- Deconstruct short film narratives.
- Evaluate the cinematic and editorial representation of narrative intentions in short live action, animation, commercials and documentary films.
- Engage in substantive critical discourse with peers on the narrative and visual analysis and deconstruction of short films.
- Implement a story development process used to adapt appropriate cinematic and editorial concepts to a narrative short film.