MDC651P Cinematography Practicum
In this independent 'studio practicum' taken concurrently with MDC 651, students apply cinematic techniques and theory shooting practical assignments with digital still and video cameras and live subjects. Practical assignments will receive individual and peer critiques. Grading is S or U only.
- Integrate the technical and cinematic principles of composition and optics in the creation of cinematic sequences.
- Integrate the technical and cinematic principles of lighting in the creation of cinematic sequences.
- Integrate the appropriate settings for exposure, shutter speed, white balance and gain control in capturing images using digital video cameras.
- Integrate principles of camera and subject movement and color in the creation of cinematic sequences.
- Apply current cinematic theory and techniques to construct shots and scenes that support the thematic concepts and story objectives of a script in digital motion picture sequences.
- Apply the concepts of cinematic grammar to construct meaning and emotional engagement in an audience.