English for Specific Purposes (ESP)
The program is designed to strengthen scholarly skills in a discipline-oriented context (terminology, concepts, themes, topics), increase confidence in subject-specific areas (the student's selected field of study), expand discipline-specific skills (conceptualization, critical analysis, case studies), and provide discipline-based research opportunities. The student's field of study may be in health, business, accounting, engineering, computer science, communication, education, economics, finance, environmental science, hospitality, public relations, or other related fields.
For individual students:
- For graduate students who plan to continue their studies at National University
- For individual students to qualify for enrollment in this program, students must have met the National University English language proficiency requirements, or have graduated from the English for Academic Purposes (EAP) program
- Indicate your field of study at the graduate level
- Four-week term offered every month
- 3-day program = $500 per term (Tuesday-Wednesday-Thursday classes)
- ESP: English as a Foreign Language (EFL) Teaching Strategies (for certified teachers only)
- ESP: Business English (see below)
Individuals or cohorts, please contact ISA@nu.edu for more details.