PMTX2220X NDT Inspection II -UT I
Lead Faculty: Mr. William Hyder
Covers both theory and practical techniques used in ultrasonic inspections, set-up and calibration techniques of A-Scan presentations and effects of location, size, and shape of discontinuities,and flooded member, corrosion, and erosion inspection.
- Identify various types of welds and describe them using proper terminology.
- Describe and use welding and NDT symbols.
- Describe the theory of ultrasonic testing and its advantages and disadvantages.
- Describe and perform the various calculations used in ultrasonic testing.
- Describe and operate various types of equipment used in ultrasonic testing.
- Differentiate and explain the difference between straight beam and angle beam testing.
- Describe the modes of ultrasonic wave travel.
- Describe, explain and calculate transmitted, reflected and refracted ultrasonic sound waves
- Use straight beam ultrasonic testing to obtain material thicknesses and discriminate between laminations, erosion and corrosion.
- Explain and use of different transducers.
- Calibrate and operate various ultrasonic instruments.
- Demonstrate the ability to accurately map out discontinuities using ultrasonic testing.
- Evaluate test specimens using ultrasonic testing in accordance with various industry codes.