POL418 Modern Economy & Govt of China
Lead Faculty: Dr. Shak Hanish
Course DescriptionA survey of major political and economic events in China. The role of the Chinese Communist Party and the recent ideological shift from Marxism-Leninism towards Nationalism as its core ideology will be examined, as will the continuing domestic and international affects of ongoing Economic Reform and Opening Up policies.
- Identify the major political figures since 1949.
- Analyze the role of the CCP
- Describe the major political and economic events since 1949
- Analyze recent political and economic developments
- Identify the strengths and weaknesses of the political-economic system
- Analyze developments in foreign policy