HIS697 Guided Thesis/Project Research
Lead Faculty: Dr. Alexander Zukas
Course DescriptionInstructor-guided advanced research on studentsandamp;#8217; specific Thesis or Multimedia Project topics. May be repeated. Grading is by H, S or U only.
- Assemble the most relevant secondary sources for addressing the main research question for their Thesis or Multimedia Project.
- Select the most pertinent primary sources for answering the main research question for their Thesis or Multimedia Project.
- Evaluate primary sources they have selected in accordance with professional historical standards.
- Situate their research project within its proper historiographic context.
- Integrate relevant secondary sources into their Thesis or Multimedia Project.
- Synthesize relevant primary sources into their Thesis or Multimedia Project.
- Defend the original contribution their project will make to historical studies.