HIS696 History and Applied Media
Lead Faculty: Dr. Alexander Zukas
Course DescriptionDirected application of new media technologies to a historical topic chosen by the student in consultation with the instructor and the student's thesis project advisor. Involves successful completion of a historical digital storytelling prospectus (proposal).
- Situate their M.A. research project within the relevant literature on media/website presentations.
- Formulate the original contribution their project will make to media/website presentations of historical research such as digital storytelling.
- Develop an appropriate historical digital storytelling prospectus.
- Organize the elements of a digital story about a historical topic of their choice.
- Design the media/website organization and presentation of their research findings.
- Compose a digital story website.