PSY638 Wellbeing & Wellness
Lead Faculty: Dr. Brian P. Tilley
Overviews contemporary concepts and practices related to psychological wellbeing and wellness. Emphases are on examination of, and coping with, stressors that affect psychotherapists as well as integration of wellbeing and wellness models into psychotherapy.
- 1. Compare and contrast different contemporary concepts of wellbeing and wellness.
- 2. Develop a client resource document that provides information, resources, or training relevant to improving wellbeing and wellness through lifestyle changes, self-help activities, and psychotherapy.
- 3. Illustrate ways in which client wellbeing and wellness approaches can be integrated into the practice of psychotherapy in at least two different settings such as individual private practice, public and private mental health agencies, hospital settings, or the workplace.
- 4. Describe and evaluate various physical and mental health professions that incorporate wellness or wellbeing concepts into their treatment approaches.
- 5. Examine specific approaches to minimizing or coping with stressors and stress symptoms common to psychotherapists.
- 6. Formulate a personal wellbeing/wellness plan that could be implemented in a clinical mental health internship.