PSY445 Applied Sport Psychology
Lead Faculty: Dr. Sarah Castillo
This course examines the application of psychological theories and research to sports and exercise behaviors. Case studies from a variety of sports will be explored to develop a set of psychological skills that can be applied across sports.
- Describe the major psychological theories used in sport psychology to explain athletic performance.
- Analyze current theory and research surrounding coach-athlete relationships, motivation, and applied intervention strategies
- Discuss how psychological factors influence performance in sports, and techniques to increase performance and reduce anxiety.
- Discuss how psychological tendencies and physiology work together to improve or reduce athletic efficiency.
- Evaluate the connection between sport psychology theory and research and applied intervention strategies for performance enhancement.