PSY442 Case Studies Sport Psychology
Lead Faculty: Dr. Sarah Castillo
An advanced course in the application of psychological theories and research to sports and exercise behaviors. The seminar will focus upon skills in assessment, interviewing, case formulation, and interventions with athletes.
- Apply major psychological theories used in sport psychology to ehnance athletic performance.
- Evaluate the progression of both the discipline and practice of sport, exercise, and performance psychology with respect to competency, national standards, and ongoing professional development.
- Apply knowledge obtained through theory and current research to common situations experienced by a coach, athletic trainer, or sport psychologist.
- Integrate assessment data and interview data, including all relevant cultural/contextual data, into a case formulation.
- Develop appropriate performance enhancement interventions using scientifically supported strategies and techniques