HUB401 Conflict Resolution
Lead Faculty: Dr. Maureen O'Hara
A focus on the process of negotiation and conflict resolution. Gives special attention to conflict within and between persons in organizations and industry. Emphasizes application of techniques to conflict resolution situations via role-playing.
- Define conflict.
- Differentiate between the traditional, human relations and interactionist views of conflict.
- Describe the five conflict-handling intentions.
- Critically analyze labor/management partnerships.
- Describe the five steps in the negotiation process.
- Explain the factors that affect inter-group relations.
- Identify methods for managing inter-group relations.
- Increase awareness of workplace violence.
- Participate in role-playing situations designed to develop skills in negotiation, mediation and arbitration.