HUB301 Behavioral Science
Lead Faculty: Dr. Maureen O'Hara
A study of the application of human behavior and behavioral science principles to the practice of management.
- Define and differentiate between the characteristics of the behavioral science discipline and the psychology discipline.
- Describe the major concepts and events that have impacted the evolution of the American workplace.
- Describe the construct and the application(s) of major theories of workplace behavior, including those of Taylor, the Hawthorne Experiments, Maslow, Hertzberg, McGregor, Blake and Mouton, Hersey and Blanchard, etc.
- Research, analyze and describe, in a written/oral report, a workplace situation and how/why some of the theories examined are relevant; including reference to at least six articles from current (within the past five years) periodicals.
- Describe the behavioral roles, problems, constraints and options relevant to recent and predicted changes in the workplace, including international cultural issues and the impact of technology.