Dr. Anwar ChaudhryCollege of Letters and Sciences
Mathematics and Natural Sciences
Over 20 years of clinical experience as a medical doctor, educator, scientific affairs, pharmacovigilance, medical review and clinical research.
My field of expertise, patient treatment and management of human health by promoting health and preventing disease lends itself well to my teaching goals of developing students’ scientific thoughts cultivating their interest in science and challenging them intellectually.
Experience with, medical case evaluation of safety reports, evaluation of safety signals, Review and evaluation of Serious Adverse Events and clinical trial safety data.
Landmark Education: Training and development to work powerfully / effectively with others; Initiate, Motivate, Empower and perform with integrity and leadership.
NATIONAL UNIVERSITY FRESNO 02/07/ 2005- CURRENT Faculty/Assistant Professor Department of Biology / Pre-Nursing Program
- Lead faculty responsible for teaching, mentoring, management and assistance in the hiring process of potential instructors for biology program.
MEDICAL DIRECTOR 03/10/1991-09/23/2000
Department of Internal Medicine Security Forces Hospital Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Accountable, monitor and ensure that patients have appropriate physician coverage and physician and health care practitioner services
- Conduct Interviews and select potential candidates by the process for reviewing physician and health care applicant’s credentials.
- Feedback and specific guidance for physicians and other health care practitioners on performance expectations and practices.
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR 02-12-1988 TO 01-01-1990
Department of Hygiene and Community Medicine King Edward Medical University Lahore, Pakistan
- Teach and mentor both medical and para medical students, both theoretical and clinical aspects of epidemiology and biostatistics.
- Evaluation, planning and conduction of epidemiological studies with respect to disease patterns in the community.
SENIOR REGISTRAR/MEDICAL SUPERINTENDENT 11-02-1988 TO 12/01/1989
Lahore General Hospital, Pakistan
- Day to day operations supervision of hospital.
- Coordination with the actions of all departments.
- Liaisons among governing boards, medical staff and department’s heads.
2013 Master Public Health (MPH) California State University, Fresno.
1978 –1986Bacheolar of medicine and bachelor of surgery (MB. B.S)
MD. University of the Punjab (King Edward Medical College) Lahore Pakistan.
1989- 1991 Postgraduate: University of the Punjab Lahore, Pakistan
Residency (Hygiene/community medicine, oncology, medical therapeutics, pharmacology).
Member College of Physicians and Surgeons (MCPS)
EDUCATIONAL WORKSHOPS ATTENDED
- Research Methodology Biostatistics & Medical Writing held from February 11th to 13th, 1989 CPSP, Regional Center, and Lahore.
- Performance based assessment held from 28th to 30th, April, 1989. CPSP, Regional Center, Lahore.
- Written Assessment Technique held from 24th to 26th March, 1989. CPSP, Regional Center Lahore.
- Computer course for medical doctors, held at Sheikh Zaid Hospital Lahore in 1988.
- Pakistan Medical Journalists’ Association workshop on “Peer Review System” held at Fatima Jinnah Medical College, Lahore on September 28th, 1989.
- Workshop on Educational Planning held at Hotel Pearl Continental, Rawalpindi, organized by Pakistan Society of Neurosurgeons, 1st & 2nd May, 1999.
- Member Editorial Board of Pakistan Journal of Internal Medicine, July 1988 to 21-12-1989. The official Journal of Pakistan Society of Cardiology. Recognized by Pakistan Medical and Dental Council (PMDC)
MEMBERSHIPS IN PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES
- Pakistan Society of Community Medicine
- Pakistan Society of Internal Medicine of Pakistan
- Membership of College of Physicians and Surgeons Pakistan (M.C.P.S.)
- Certified Clinical Research Associate CRA (2008)
- Adverse Drug Events-Understanding and Reporting Requirements (8/2007)
- HIPAA Training Related to Human Subjects Research (8/2004)
- Clinical Dementia Rating (CDR) Scale (9/2004)
- Education on the Protection of Human Subjects in Research (10/2004)
- Overview of Good Clinical Practice & Human Subjects Protection (6/2006)
College of Letters and Sciences