MTH660 Mathematical Statistics
Lead Faculty: Dr. Igor Ya Subbotin
Theory and practices of statistical analysis and inference with emphasis on analyzing and solving real problems using statistics. Descriptive statistics, topics from probability, sampling distributions, estimation, hypotheses testing, regression, correlation, nonparametric techniques and analysis of variance, and computer programming incorporated throughout.
- Turn data into information.
- Collect and use sample data.
- Design a good experiment and observational study.
- Evaluate complicated probabilities.
- Evaluate sampling distribution.
- Employ confidence intervals to guide decisions.
- Test hypotheses and evaluate significance in research reports.
- Sample and use the population regression models.
- Perform computer simulation for analysis of variance.