MTH12A Algebra I
First of a two-course sequence covering methods of simplifying formulas and expressions, solving equations and inequalities, operating with exponents, and translating statements to symbols. Calculator use is highly recommended. Grading is S or U only. (This course is remedial in nature and does not award collegiate credit)
- Obtain a refresher in the basic number system.
- Learn to solve equations and inequalities.
- Develop the techniques of working with exponents and polynomials.
- Learn to simplify equations by factoring.
- Simplify rational expressions.
- Solve standard word problems.