FSC623 Fingerprint Analysis
Lead Faculty: Dr. Ismail M. Sebetan
Course DescriptionIntroduction to basic principles and techniques of fingerprints as applied to crime scenes, forensic evidence, identification, and court presentation. Methods of recognition, proper collection of known and latent fingerprints, processing, classification and comparison. Courtroom presentations will be discussed.
- Understand and demonstrate the basic principles and history of fingerprints.
- Understand and demonstrate the fingerprint patterns and how to apply to the Henry fingerprint classification system.
- The proper method of developing fingerprints from a verity of different surfaces.
- Understand the proper methods of entering fingerprints into Automated fingerprint systems.
- Understand the legal aspects of fingerprints.
- Understand requirements to present fingerprints in court.