CHE101A Introductory Chemistry Lab
Lead Faculty: Dr. Dzung T. Nguyen
This laboratory course will complement the student's knowledge of chemistry with demonstrations and experiments. Contact hours for this laboratory course (45) are based on a 3:1 ratio, i.e. 3 lab hours = 1 lecture hour equivalent.
- Properly record observations.
- Use scientific scales and volumetric glassware.
- Determine density of objects using the Archimedes method.
- Separate compounds using simple distillation and chromatography techniques.
- Perform simple acid/base titration.
- Use a calorimeter to measure heat produced by reactions.
- Predict precipitation reactions using solubility rules.
- Learn about the activity series of metals.